Happy New Year…

image

New Year, New Me!!! Well isn’t that just the most pretentious thing you ever heard? Not really? Well to me it is. I’ve always found New Years day to be the funniest event of the year. It’s as if 75% of the World has gone bonkers. Why I say so, well I’d tell you why.

For an entire 24 hours or more depending on the concentration of the Inadequacy Hormone in their systems. It’s as if most of the world’s population wished upon a giant ball of gas somewhere to be comedians for an entire day or more *Again refer to the Imaginary blood analysis for the concentration of Inadequacy Hormone*

It’s on New Year’s Day, you see people who haven’t been to church in over 363 days, trooping into Churches just to Crossover into the New Year. Albeit with painted faces (make up and other forms of Decore), Clothes and Stickers that indicate their next destination after the service is the nearest club.

Let’s not forget the fact that people would sit down for hours, writing tons of Inspirational Gibberish that they hope to accomplish that year. Gibberish in the sense that 89.9% is forgotten by the following week, the remaining 10.1% disappearing to reconvene on the 31st of December as Regrets/Unaccomplished Delusions of Grandeur.

It’s a day of Various Untold Truths and the telling of Unnecessary Lies, but heck who am i to Judge? I’m not going to discuss about Resolutions (Check out Last Year’s Piece for my take on Resolutions). There’s so much I want to say but I won’t #UntoldTruths. Not because I can’t, but because I shouldn’t *Not Yet Anyway*

I’d say this tho, 2013 was a fun year for me. I achieved almost all my goals for the year *Except my Weight loss Goal*. I lost people this year & as much as it hurts me to say, it was all for the best. I did however meet some truly gifted people (Who I’d appreciate in my next post). 2013 was my year of Fulfilling Purpose & I can boldly say I really couldn’t have done it without God.

As is my Tradition, I have Themed 2014, My Year of Resplendent Glory. I live 2014 in the full consciousness of Matthew 5:14-16. I trust it’d be an awesome year indeed, look forward to spending it with you all. I love you all and I say Happy New Year to all of you. Have a Blessed 2014!!!

*For my take on New Year Resolutions, check out Last Year’s Piece, Thank You :)*

I Remain
Ochuko A. Akpomudjere

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Happy New Year…

  1. Was put off when I went to church today too,was just down and all,I didn’t feel what I wanted to feel,ie,reflection on d year,grateful to God.I felt like it was all a parade,also thought abt peeps moving frm church elsewhere afterwards and all dat but who am I to judge right?
    I only got divine truths about the new year as its meant to be when I came home and watched a sermon + did my own reflections and quiet time with God as it should be…this is just saying you aren’t alone in those thoughts,things aren’t as they should be but who are we to judge ba? Issorite.God help us all.
    Happy blessed New Year Ochuko!

  2. yea…don’t you just get tired with the whole new year resolutions flying about with people just doing the opposite. sigh# I don’t think I’m left out either and so what better way than to commit all into God’s hands? When I realized that it’s when you struggle so hard, hoping you can do it all with your power, then I realized that God might have other plans for me as well and needs to take the front seat.
    Because his plans are the best.

  3. Suffice it to say, i’m feeling you bro!
    On all counts….plus, you know big words trip me anyday, anytime 😉
    Incurable crush, it is.

    P.s;
    Pretend this comment came the day the post was published. I can’t for the life of me, figure out why it got lost in the myriads of mails that first week. *sigh*

    P.p.s; If you know what’s good for you, you best transfer your owed dues on account of that image up there *straight debt-collector face*

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s