Popular African Proverb by God alone knows who says:
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Yes, I know we are 14 whole days into the New Year but still to me, it’d still be a new year until March. Yes my laziness knows no measure. *Pulls myself back on track* You probably already guessed it but I’d still go out and say it: *Dusts Microphone, awaiting the dimming of the lights and impending drumroll*
This my dear friends & readers, distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, is the list of people who made my 2014 awesome, the people without whom 2014 would’ve …. *I actually can’t think of what my year would’ve been like without them (no I’m not that lazy)
In no particular order *Drumroll* Thank You:
1) Ochuko A. Akpomudjere (guess you didn’t see that coming 😂😂😂). Yes I’d like to thank myself for being an amazing person. Don’t know where I’d be without me. The wonderful conversations we had, the late nights we stayed awake, reading words &× putting words to paper. If I had the chance to live 2014 all over again, I’d still spend it with you because You complete me, you make me want to be a better man and yes I love You.
2) Oluwole Femi (MD) (Pst): You sir have been a blessing in my life. For the lessons that you’ve taught and for being an amazing friend.
3) Vic Idemudia (Pst): for trusting me enough to let me edit your book, for hammering the gospel of Grace into my head, for being an amazing friend (Yes true friends bring food to their friends)
4) Mr Edesiri Akpomudjere (Pst): for being the best Dad any child could have asked for. For your love and for always believing in me.
5) Tomilade Olugbemi (BroMiLade): because this list would not be complete without Tomilade. Just because 😂😂😂
6) Timi Yeseibo: because everyone needs a Timi in their life. For always reading my work even when I haven’t read hers in ages. Oh and for checking up on me. And for bringing a little extra sunshine into my Sundays.
7) Tope Hassan: for all the fun conversations we had, for always challenging me to be more and for helping me realize that “sometimes we have to let life unfold”.
8) Segun Famisa: a Nerd after my very own heart. Never a dull moment with you Bro.
9) Chiamaka Njoku: because everybody needs a daughter like you.
10) Debes Chino: working with you this year was an awesome experience.
11) Folagbade Sesan Momoh: for being an amazing flatmate. For making sure I didn’t die of starvation and for disturbing me with loud music & for being a brother. Thank You!!!
12) Azeem Ishola Adedoyin: for always reminding me that there was something that needed to be photoshopped. Thank you for helping me grow.
13) Afoma Umessi: your blogs are like a breath of fresh air. Oh and for watching the world cup with me, albeit from a couple thousand miles away 😂😂😂
14) Frances Okoro: cause I know you’d beat me if your name didn’t make the list 😂😂😂.
15) Chizaram Irondi: the best friend a guy could ever ask for. Thanks for being you in my life.
Special thanks to George Andrew Ankuma, Esther Oguntimehin, Isa Ngbede & Tunde Abati my family away from home and for my Family at Dominion City Simferopol, thank You all for loving me and for letting my develop my gifts.
Roselyn Ayeola: my love, thank you for all the awesome moments shared, all the laughs and all the awkward conversations.
Timiebi Ebitibituwa: for your timely words of encouragement, for always checking up on me & for all your audio puff puffs I ate (I’m coming for you).
Elizabeth Ezekiel: you’re an amazing friend and one of the realest persons I know. Thank you for being you.
You’ve all been blessings to me in more ways than 1 and of course the list is longer than this, but you all have made huge impacts in my life. And for all the wonderful people I met here on WordPress last year, Writers and Readers alike, Thank You all. Know that you’ve been blessings, I appreciate each and every one of you & yes I Love You. Looking forward to the rest of 2015 with all of you. THANK You :*
Ochuko A. Akpomudjere